Friday 20 August 2010

Day 7 Time To Go Home

Our flight home was Monday at 5 PM, so we wanted to have a little more fun before we headed to the airport. It turned out to be a fabulous day.


We started the day with ice cream for breakfast! Millie and I had eaten it for breakfast the day before but she wanted it again, and since Amanda and Sherry had been left out, we all went! I don' t see why we don't do this at home...



Of course Millie wouldn't do much else until she had a chance to go to the carousel to ride "her" unicorn, Rosabella.


I took Millie to the playground at the village while Amanda and Sherry packed. It was huge and we had it all to ourselves. Millie thought it was great that I was going on all the slides with her. I enjoyed having some one on one time with my cute little princess.


She thought it would be best to send her hat down first. She always knows exactly how she wants everything done.


Millie loves to swim, so Amanda and I went swimming with her while Sherry took care of Austin. Millie, Amanda, and I got squirt guns and chased each other around. Millie was laughing hysterically - it was great!


She likes it when we both put on our goggles and race, although she isn't so happy when I win...


Once we checked out of the Give Kids the World Village (which we were very sad to do), we were off to Sea World. We got there just in time to run through the park and sit down before the killer whale show started. Millie was sad there wasn't any more room in the "splash zone." Amanda and I weren't complaining, especially after nearly everyone in front of us was covered in salt water.


It was breathtaking to see these beautiful animals. We all loved it, and Amanda got tears in her eyes (which seemed to be one of the themes of our trip).


Kids. No matter how much you throw them in the air, they always want more.


One of Millie's wishes was to swim with dolphins. Although she was too young to swim with them at Sea World, they did let us skip the line and go right in to feed them. I gave Millie all my fish, and she couldn't get enough of them. She thought it was so fun that they swam right up to us, and loved the way they felt.

After another perfect day, we headed to the airport for the flight home. It was everything we all hoped for and more. Millie had the time of her life and was so happy. Yesterday she said to me, "Dad, I'm saving all my monies so that we can go back to Disney World."


Thanks again to Make-A-Wish, Give Kids the World, Disney, Universal, Sea World, our WishGranters, and everyone else that made this possible.
With all Millie has been through this year, it was great to see her feel like she's the luckiest kid in the world.
THANK YOU

5 comments:

Eisha said...

O cry! what a great trip!

Emily said...

She deserves to be the luckiest kid in the world. Your amazing trip sounds indescribable really! I'm so happy that you all got to do that:)

jill said...

I loved reading all of your posts!! What fun she must have had!! I am so happy she got to experience all of those things!!

Kat said...

You guys did such a great job documenting the trip! We loved looking at all the pictures and remembering where we were too. Looks like you guys had a magical trip I am so glad!

Kara said...

Amanda and Brady,

I work in Communications at Give Kids The World and just stumbled upon your blog. Millie has a truly inspiring story and I'm so glad you're sharing it with the world.

I know it was a few years ago since your family stayed with us, but I am in awe of the amazing photos you have from your time here. We were so honored to be part of Millie's trip.

My team is currently working on a small storybook keepsake for our high-level donors, featuring photos and family letters/quotes. These pieces mean a lot to this audience and will help us secure funding from them for many years to come. I am hoping your family could be one of the 15 featured families in the booklet. If you are interested in being part of it, I would just request a one-to-two paragraph letter to accompany one of these beautiful photos. There is nothing in particular we are looking for in the letters other than sharing a brief glimpse of your world and what GKTW meant to your family. I completely understand if you would prefer to not be part of this, or if the timing isn’t right.

Please contact me at karad@gktw.org if you would like to participate. Best wishes on your journey and we hope to see you back at the Village for a day visit sometime in the future!