Tuesday, 23 March 2010

What I Want To Be

I swear I have the cutest 4 1/2 year old in the whole world. She is so freaking adorable. Today on our way to preschool she said, "Mom, guess what I want to be when I grow up" and I said "what honey."

The List...
  • school teacher
  • mom
  • worker
  • helper
  • space girl, oh I mean astronaut
  • cowgirl
  • dinosaur person, oh I mean paleontologist (her words, REALLY)
  • doctor
  • big sister

and last but not least,

  • a person who pays money for a house

She continues to say, "Mom, do you wish you were all those things?" I told her I'm just happy being her mom and she said, "but you can be my mom and all those things, You can be everything, including my mom."

i LOVE my little rat, She is wise beyond her years.

Friday, 5 March 2010

Life is good

We are here, I just haven't felt like blogging and my laptop is having issues. We are finally going to invest in a new home computer but it may not be for another couple weeks. In the mean time I have minimal access to a computer, but nowhere to upload pictures. I have cute pictures to go with this post, but I'll have to put them up later.

All in all things have been going pretty smoothly the last little while. Austin turned 6 months! I'll talk more about him later, but first I'll update on Amelia.

She had her second dose of Methotrexate and Vincristine yesterday and so far so good. She is still running around all over the place and teasing me like crazy. She is singing one of her original songs right now. Dr. Barnette said she looks wonderful. There are no signs of mouth sores and since she hasn't been complaining he thinks the sores have stayed out of her digestive track as well. As long as she is holding up they will continue to increase the amount of chemo she is receiving. Her hair is starting to thin even more.

After school on Tuesday we headed to the zoo. It was the most fun I think I have ever had at the zoo. I am a huge wuss when it comes to the heat and I hate that the animals are all sleeping when we usually go in the summer. This time it was 55 degrees, sunny, and the animals were so fun. Almost all of them had babies. The monkey's were my favorite! The baby was running around all over and jumping on the fence. He was quite entertaining. It was a great day.

I can't believe that my tiny preemie is 6 months old. He is such a sweet guy. We all love him so much.
  • He is 15lbs 1oz

  • 6% in Height and 9% in Weight

  • He is still rolling from tummy to back, but he shows no interest in back to tum.

  • Austin ate baby food for the 1st time last night (he has had rice cereal). I gave him green beans and he HATED them. He kept gagging and spitting them everywhere.

  • He quit pushing himself around the room, I think he was getting carpet burn.

  • Still LOVES the bath, his tongue, and sucking on his hands and arm.

  • He is FINALLY sleeping in his own room! HOORAY!

  • He has started waking up in the middle of the night again. :(

  • He has learned how to play his mother pretty well. His pout face is amazing.

  • He also likes his jumperoo, but he mostly wobbles around in it, he's just happy to be standing.
  • He also LOVES to cry. Yes, he is a major crier. I think he cries 70% of the day. The other 30% he is either sleeping or smiling like crazy.

I wish I could write more about him, but other then him getting bigger not too much has changed from his 5 month post. He is doing amazingly well. We are proud of our little man.

I did an awful job on his pictures. He did not want them done. Every time I'd try he would start screaming. You win some and you lose some...

side note: We are watching Molly and Jason's wedding and Millie just got the biggest grin on her face and said, "OH I can't wait until I'll get weddinged!" She is the cutest, little thing ever.