Monday 19 April 2010

LETTERS FOR MILLIE


Hi Everyone!

Amelia is truly doing wonderful. We have flown through the last couple months of treatment. Everything has gone has smoothly as possible. Her doctor said she is the perfect example of how they hope children will react to chemo. I KNOW it's because we have prayers coming in for her all over the world.

The past weekend we went to St. George, UT. It was our calm before the storm. Millie is about to start her last phase of treatment before Maintenance. It's called Standard Delayed Intensification. It totals 57 days if there are no setbacks. She will be back on 9 drugs; Dexamethasone, Vincristine, Doxorubicin, PEG-asparaginase, Thioguanine, Cytarabine, Intrathecal Methotrexate, and Septra. Dexamethsone is the steroid she was on before. I am loathing the day; for both of us.

With the start of this new round I was hoping I could ask a favor........
We know there are a lot of you out there praying and thinking of Millie. Some of you are family, friends, friends of friends, blog stalkers, and strangers. I want Amelia to know how many people are out there supporting her. Here's what I am asking.

Please, Please, Please SNAIL MAIL a letter, post card, whatever is easiest and direct it to her with this info.

  • your name

  • how you know about her whether you are Brady's high school friend, my family, a Friend of a Friend, etc.

  • where you are living

  • and most importantly a message to Amelia. It can be anything! Short, long, whatever you have time for.

I think that getting supportive mail through this next month will be an amazing experience for her and something she can always look back on and remember her supporters.

We love all of you and are so grateful for your support.

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE!

If you need our address, feel free to jet me an email. amandaflamm@hotmail.com

I'll post George Pictures when I get them from my sis Codie; I forgot my camera:(

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Dear Amanda.
You do not know me.
I am a very old friend of Brady's.
I can not even begin to tell you how sad this makes me.
I have three little girls of my own and I could not imagine having to go through what you and your family are going through.
My prayers are with you and with Millie.
She is such a beautiful little things.
Brady.
You are an awesome father.
I can see that.
My heart goes out to you.
~ Chelsey (Mackley) Vick

kate said...

my thoughts and prayers are with you guys and your sweet millie! i'd love to send a sunny hello from phx, az! i'll email ya for your address! :)

Danalisa said...

will do Amanda...posted your blog on mine...hope u don't mind!

Jodi said...

Great idea, we will get working on ours

Jesse C said...

What a great idea!

We will send our snail mail love over as soon as we get it put together.

lindsay Roscoe said...

Posting it to mine also. Then I will send out my own email witht he info.