Tuesday 31 May 2011

Clinic Update May 2011

Silly Miss Millie had clinic last Thursday and she had to get a Lumbar Puncture. I hate LP days! Her doctor removes a syringe full of spinal fluid and replaces it with a chemotherapy drug called Methotrexate. If they are off at all then she is in a lot of pain. Thankfully Millie has only had a bad experience once before. It was horrific and she couldn't walk for days. Everything went perfectly this go-round and she was running around like a crazy lady once we got home and her anesthesia wore off. This girl won't let anything get in her way, not even high doses of chemotherapy. She really is my hero. I have learned so much from her.

Amelia also received her monthly dose of Vincristine through her port. She never complains when they access her port, she'd say, "I didn't even make a peep". She does hate the way the cleaner smells that her nurses uses to scrub and sanitized her skin, she always makes a disgusted face and plugs her nose.
The lighting isn't very good, but if you look close you can see the needle they use to access her port. It kind of looks like a a giant thumbtack.

Then Dr. Barnette, her Oncologist, came in to check her out and answer my questions. Millie is always seen by 2 different docs and a nurse. It's comforting for me to know so many people are checking her out.


I want to give a little shout out to Dr. Barnette, because we love him. I always have a lot of questions and he is so wonderful to sit there with me and go over everything. I adore him and I am grateful for everything he does for Amelia. He was the 1st Oncologist we had seen in the ER when Millie was first diagnosed and he has been there for us through this entire process.

Millie's Nana got to come with us this time. Mill was so excited to have her there reading her stories while we waited for the anesthesiologist to get there.



And For Millie's Hair...


Austin wanted to join the party.


Clinic Stats for 5/26/2011:


Height: 107.5 cm


Weight: 17.9 kg


ANC: 1.8


We survived another week of steroids as well. Millie was emotional and hungry as usually, but I am always impressed by the way she handles herself. When she does throw fits or knows she is sad for no reason she tries very hard to control herself.

2 comments:

Danalisa said...

truly she is amazing!

miss patti said...

My hero!