Tuesday 23 February 2010

Small Amelia Update

Amelia has been doing wonderfully! Really! She is singing, dancing, making up her own language, running around the house, playing dress up, PLAYING, she's actually playing. She is hilarious. I forgot how funny she is. She loves to laugh and loves to make other people laugh even more. I didn't realize how much she has changed until she came back. It's been amazing and although she NEVER stops talking, I am gobbling up every second. Mill started a new round of chemo yesterday and I know it's only a matter of time before my goof ball is gone again.

I have been strong this last month, but today I have teared up randomly multiple times. I know it's because I will loss her again. This next stage of chemo is 2 months. We will go into clinic every 10 days if her blood counts are high enough to handle the next dose. If she's strong enough Amelia will get both Vincristine (she got this in her Induction Phase) and Methotrexate. Millie did get some jaw pain and lose almost all her hair with the Vincristine, but other than that she handled it very well. With the Methotrexate she will most likely get mouth sores the last couple weeks. We are praying she will make it through without any sores.
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE NO SORES!

We also got some other bad news, well we should have known already but somewhere along the way we got confused. After this 57 days, she moves on to her final phase before 2 year Maintenance. We have been told to prepare ourselves that this will be way harder on Amelia then Induction. The only thing I could look forward to is that it would only be a month. NOPE it too is 57 days. Sad. All the drugs are more intense and I believe she will be on a full dose of steroids again. They hit her hard to make sure and kill everything off.
Here goes nothing.

16 comments:

Jeremy said...

We wish all of you the best and we'll have you (especially) Mille in our thoughts and prayers!

The Yarn Queen said...

Our arms are wrapped tightly around you with love,prayers and strength. Take it one day at a time.

Missy said...

Good luck! We know you can do it!

Jesse C said...

It was so good to see you all last night. Millie is so sweet, we will keep praying for her and for you.

Danalisa said...

That all sounds like a lot to deal with! Will definitely be praying and I hope it goes as smoothly as possible for her. It's good to know she has been playing and laughing again. =)

Pattens on Lambourne said...

WOW! You sure have a lot to deal with! I can't think of anything worse than seeing your little one so sick. I hope it goes better than expected! Good Luck! If I can do anything... PLEASE let me know!

Keri Cannon said...

You're in my prayers!! Best of luck!

Natalie Call said...

People you don't even know have you, Millie, and your cute little family in their thoughts and prayers!

Mosiah 4:27 for it is not requisite that a man should run faster than he has strength.

Millie can do this!

vickersfam said...

oh wow. Good luck Millie! And Brady & Amanda! Our little Joshua talks about Millie sometimes, though he doesn't remember very well who she is. I'm so glad to hear she's been happy and playing, even if it's just a moment in time before she has it rough again. Hang on to this time when you're in the thick of the chemo and steroids. You're still in our prayers!

Kristina said...

Good luck! We're thinking of you and praying for you!

The Buckley's said...

Good luck. We love her so much. She has been so cute and fun at preschool lately. My mom and I just love to watch her and soak her up while she is like this. Please, please, please let us know what we can do for you guys. We will keep you all in our thoughts and prayers.

The Powell-Mirci Family! said...

It does my heart good to hear she is doing well. Good luck with the next step Amanda, my prayers are with you. You are such a strong woman, and a wonderfull mother. Millie (and Austin!) are so blessed.

Ali T said...

Thankfully Heavenly Father made kids WAY stronger and more resilient than us adults. She'll be awesome, you'll be awesome.

Megan said...

Luck and Love and Blessings and Prayers! Love you guys.

mainly rachel said...

Thank you for sharing, it's always hard for me to write out things that are sad so I'm sure this is difficult for you but I appreciate being able to know how your sweet family is doing. We will continue to pray for all of you. Take care, Rachel McBride

Katie and Jeff Wood said...

you are so cute... I love reading the updates. hang in there - it's amazing how strong little kiddies can be. loves and prayers always :)