Monday 10 January 2011

Clinic January 2011

Can I just say how HAPPY I was to write "2011". I am not a big New Year person, but the start of a new year means we are closer to 2012 and we are so close to being a year out to saying GOOD RIDDANCE to cancer. I know I am very ahead of myself but I seriously can't wait till February. Then we can count down the months.

Amelia's clinic went well. I love it when we only get Vincristine. It makes everything run so much smoother. Millie's appointment was actually last Thursday and she just finished up her round of Dexomethosone (rotten steroids) last night. Her little system does not handle them very well. She is always so emotional. I swear she feels like the world is out to get her. I love my bug and it's so hard to see her that way. It's difficult to know how to handle it as well. It's hard to watch her mope around and have nothing cheer her up.

She has been extra tired too. I'm starting to feel like I'm a little obsessive with getting blood counts, but I hate waiting a month to know what's going on with her. I know she needed a blood transfusion this go round, but there is nothing I can really do about it. The pictures I took of her are from Sunday and you can tell that she is run down. Her preschool teacher on Monday and her gymnastics coach today both told me they think she looks pale and that she was very tired the whole time. She is such a trooper though and she begs me to go to classes. We have been so careful since she had the flu and I'm not letting her play with other kids very much. She hates it so the last thing I want to do is make her miss classes as well. I never know what's right, I can just go with my gut and hope for the best.

I apologize for the tangent.

Millie putting on a smile even though she was near tears. I'm sorry, but I think she looks awful. Her little pale face and dark circles brings me near tears too.


I've decided to add a couple new shots every month of her hair growth so you can see the back as well.

Clinic Stats:

Height: 105.1 cm
Weight: 16.7 kg (about 37 pounds)
ANC: 900

7 comments:

nsudburyfam said...

I hope Millie feels better soon! That is such a bummer to feel so tired and run down (for Millie and mom). We think of you guys all the time - let me know if I can do anything for you.

lea said...

Poor Millie (and mommy) I hate the steroids...
mcKall always feels crappy and run down too. Its so hard when you dont know how to help them. I hope she gets feeling better soon. Did she need a transfusion?

lindsay Roscoe said...

SHe is a trooper, and you are absolutely right the only thing you can do is go with your gut and ya know that is the best thing you can do. Mom always knows best!

Piano Mom said...

Wow, she does look so pale. I hope that she gets a transfusion soon.

Her hair is growing in so beautifully! I always think about Milli'e hair growing in when I watch Erin's starting to grow. I may even steal your monthly picture idea. :)

Danalisa said...

Amanda I read this blog and my heart cried. I know Millie is amazing...but I hope you know how amazing you are. It is easy for those of us not going through this to forget that this is a daily thing for your family...I can't imagine what it is like for you to see your child sick. You are amazing and I want you to know how much I pray for you everyday!

Briana said...

i totally feel you on the whole having to wait a month for counts. i can't do it! it makes me crazy wondering and worrying about where elena's counts are mid-month. elena got sick and needed antibiotics so we just got them - big sigh of relief for me.

poor millie! i hope she gets feeling better - darn those steroids. boo. hang in there guys! we think you're awesome!

Chelsea said...

Im so sorry Millies little body is having a hard time lately. She does look pale, and it is SO hard seeing your child look so darn sick.

Millies hair is growing in SO SO SO cute! I absolutley love it. It makes me excited to see Cami with some hair on her head :)