Monday 18 August 2008

R.I.P.


Our friends the Swintons have been letting us borrow their hunk-of-junk car for the past week and it has been awesome. The BEAST (as we like to call it) has no air conditioning, the trunk slams on my head every time I get something out, the car light doesn't work, the front of the glove box falls off when I open it, the sun visors are constantly falling down, but the BEST part of the BEAST is the lack of radio. Brady and I resort to singing classic 80's music at the top of our lungs with the windows rolled down. Anywho, we decided to venture into the Cotswolds this past weekend. We took Millie to Birdland and we all loved it. I am really not a huge bird person but it was great. We had so much fun.

Millie just may be the next Vana White

We were so close to the penguins that we could actually touch them. Don't worry we didn't, but we were that close.

This little bird was so cute and friendly. It followed Millie everywhere she went. It probably thought she had food for it.
Just thought he was a pretty little guy


Next we drove to Lower Slaughter. It was a perfect picturesque town will a working water mill.


Our next stop in the Cotswolds was a little place called Stow-On-The-Wold. There was a lovely little church and I always adore an old grave yard. Weird I know.


This was my favorite picture of the day. It looks like it came right out of the Princess Bride or something. The door literally looked like it was growing out of the trees.

While Mill napped Brady and I enjoyed a spot of afternoon tea.

The cup fits his personality perfectly doesn't it.

So we come to the close of a lovely day and on the way home the BEAST let us down. We were stuck with a dead car and a dead cell phone with no working car lights. Brady would hail a car every 15 minutes to see if Eisha had found someone to come to our rescue. (Luckily we got the Swinton's number out of Brady's phone before it died!) A cute couple in our ward picked us up and we made it home sometime after midnight. The BEAST was left on the side of the road and will be sold as scrap. Thank you for the fun times while it lasted.

R.I.P.

7 comments:

Danalisa said...

I love your goofy face in your couple shot. haha That door in the trees is so NEAT! Looks like some really cute towns too. Glad you got a weekend getaway before the Beast died. =)

Kristina said...

Wow, now that is a great story! What an adventure! I had been wondering what you meant in the last post when you 'hopped in the car'...crazy all those nice places are just a short drive away! (espeically Chili's)

Jodi said...

you had me cracking up describing the beast. btw, I can't believe how long your hair has gotten! I wanna see some penguins. miss ya.

Hinton Family said...

You have some great pics for sure. I love the beater that you have been driving around everywhere. Mille is getting so big and cute. I just love it. Call me when you come into town

joeandjill said...

Looks like you had fun anyway!! You are always going somewhere so exciting!! Cute family!!

lindsay Roscoe said...

How sad but sounds like you had good spirit about and had a fabolous time anyway. I love you and can't wait to see you guys.

Jesse C said...

Bummer. That thing was awesome, and what a great nickname.