Monday 14 September 2009

Post 2

We have had SO much help the last couple of months! I am so grateful to all of you. Really I can't imagine where we would be without family and friends. My mom has been staying with us since I got home from the hospital since I haven't been able to drive or lift Millie. My dad spent 3 days putting up Bead Board in the baby's room and it is so freaking cute! I really LOVE it. Codie and Griff have been spackling and caulking, while Lindsay has been taking Millie at my beckon call, along with cleaning my house from top to bottom. I don't even want to know where I would be without them. We are so blessed!

Codie was so cute with Millie. I would have been yelling at her to leave me alone while I was working, but Codie was so patient with her. She even let her help her for over 3 hours.

Our Boy at 2 weeks!

He is doing so well. He is now off all extra oxygen and is finally gaining weight. Last night he hit his birth weight. We are so proud of him! He even got to go in a BIG BOY bed. No more isolette for him! Now all he has to do is learn to eat. That is going to take some time, but I am hoping he'll get to come home in a few more weeks. They are still telling us not to expect him home any sooner then his due date (Halloween), but a girl can hope.

Going in his open air crib for the 1st time

Austin in his new pad

* the day Austin went into his crib we also celebrated the wedding of Andy and Kim. Welcome to the family Kim. We are so happy for you guys!
(I forgot my camera, but I'll post pictures when I get some)

15 comments:

Keri Cannon said...

So close to home! I cant believe he's in an open crib. If he only has to learn to eat he will be out of there before you know it. It comes up on you quicker than you think. He is so precious and sounds like a champ! Are you liking the NICU at IMC?

Kristina said...

I'm so glad to hear he's making such great progress! And my goodness, Millie is looking cuter all the time! I bet she's going to be a huge help when her brother finally comes home.

Danalisa said...

That is sooo great! Good boy Austin! I can't believe how much hair he has already!! He's just precious!

lindsay Roscoe said...

HE is so incredibly beautiful in many ways! This post made me cry. I can honestly say that thereis not one thing we would not do to help get this boy home to his Big sister! We love you all so very much and look forward to being able to see and hold that sweet boy all the time. Mostly I can't wait for Mil to get to meet him..what a moment that will be!

Eisha said...

Amanda! I am still waiting for the STORY--It was like one day you were having a baby 10 weeks early and now all I have are some pictures....WHAT HAPPENED?--You can email me if you don't want to dish the details on a public blog!! :-)

LOVE YOU GUYS!--Eisha

Heidi said...

He looks so sweet and precious in that bottom photo. Congrats again to your family, hopefully he will be home in no time!

Ashlie said...

He is handsome! Congrats! I'm glad you guys are doing well and things are looking up. Your family is awesome. It is so nice that you can have all their help right now. That bead board does look great! (from what I could see in teh picture).

The post you had with the pic of you and Millie and how you said you're excited for the new baby, but are going to miss just having time for you and Millie, I got choked up and can totally relate. I miss having time alone with Pyper and I love the new baby ( like you said) but will miss that time with my girl too. Good post.

Steve Gotz said...

Awww...so cute. Congratulations.

Anonymous said...

that's a cute little guy you got there. We're praying for both of you!

The Yarn Queen said...

What a fine lad. He's being watched over. Love you guys.

Thekrogwoman said...

Hey there,
Hope you don't mind me peaking in at your blog. I ran into Brady at our High School Reunion and he told me about your bed rest. I'm due in November so I could only imagine how hard that would be. So when I found your blog off of Wilkins, I had to peak. So glad things seem to be going well and wish you all the best for your family and your new little one.

Emily said...

You guys he is so cute! Hope you all are hanging in there til life settles down a little and you can bring your boy home:) We love you!

lindsay Roscoe said...

Yo!!I think we need an update here. I think in between your 4 feedings at the hospital and Millie you should be able to fit in some time here..don't you think?? Counting the days! I am so excited!! I told the kids they just might get to peek at him through the window at your house. THey are so EXCITED!!!

Whitney said...

He really is an adorable little baby. We wish you all the best and hope for a speedy homecoming!!

{autie} said...

oh my...so adorable. Congrats, guys! I heard his bedroom is unbelievably cute! Glad he's doing so good and getting so big! love you!