Sunday 7 September 2008

Bonjour!

I love my husband! We had the most fantastic time enjoying the beautiful city of Paris. France is definitely a country I hope to return to in the future!

We arrived in Paris Friday afternoon where we checked in the hotel and then set out for the metro. The subway was actually really easy to use and WAY cheap. I would defiantly recommend it! It was raining but we didn't' mind since we spent the afternoon in the Louvre. What an extraordinary place! It really is overwhelming. We made a list of things we wanted to see and tried not to get distracted, and even then we spent several hours there. It is an incredible place. I have heard from a few people that the Mona Lisa was a bit of a disappointment, but I thought it was stunning and I was in awe of the mystery that is the Mona Lisa. I truly could have stared at her for hours if there weren't hundreds of other people trying to see her as well.


People were taking pictures of the artwork like CRAZY! I couldn't believe it. Usually there are signs everywhere saying No Photography. I only heard one person get yelled at and it was because they had left their flash on.

HELLO, priceless works of art, DON'T LEAVE YOUR FLASH ON!


After the Louvre it had luckily stopped raining and we wandered through some beautiful parks.

We had dinner at a delightful little cafe where I had Risotto for the first time (they always cook it in Hell's Kitchen) and we spoiled ourselves with some raspberry creme bulee.



That evening we went to the Eiffel Tower and watched the sunset. It was so beautiful and fun to see all the "love birds" around. It's amazing how Paris seems to find the romance in everyone.


Saturday we headed to the Orsay Museum, which was recommend by the fantastic artist herself, Mrs Ames, aka my college roommate that reeks from artistic talent. Both Brady and I weren't sure we wanted to spend time in another museum, but I LOVED IT. They had some fascinating art. I loved just about anything done by Pissaro and of course Van Gogh. I am speechless when ever I admire his work, especially his self portraits. You can really feel the sadness in his eyes. There were also some stunning Monet's and countless other outstanding artists.

Here's some of our favorites from the day...




Next we took a boat up to Notre Dame where we had lunch in an eccentric cafe and then saw the famous cathedral. Millie was sad she didn't get to come and see Quasi with us.

I tried to take pictures of us through the mirror but it didn't work out so well.



Why do I look so annoyed on my romantic weekend..my legs were so tire from walking all over the place and Brady insisted on climbing the Tower Of Triumph..I was not thrilled about the situation.


On the way up.

So I was kind of laughing at this guy that was wearing this ridiculous outfit and when he saw me smile at him he started to chase me. He begged me to do this silly dance with him. He was getting married or something and he had to get video dancing with 10 different people before he could go home. Brady started filming right when we were done, but you still get to see his outfit. It's also side ways so get ready to turn your head.

Our last stop of the day was at a delicious little bakery where we sampled a few savor treats. My favorite was the chocolate eclair. YUM. I had never had one with a chocolate cream inside and it was to die for.

I can't wait to go back! Thanks honey for a wonderful weekend and thank you to the Gotz and Swinton Families for taking care of Millie for us. She too had a fabulous time. Hooray for friends!

10 comments:

Danalisa said...

YEAH!! Looks like a great weekend was had by you both! So fun and romantic!

Lindsey said...

You guys look like you had a great time! Its an experience you'll never forget. We can't wait to see you guys though!

lindsay Roscoe said...

Wow what a beautiful sky, in all the pics they sky looks amazing! To bad there is not more video of you dancing with the guy that was pretty funny. I am glad you are a fun enough person to dance with him. Awesome awesome! HAppy Birthday Brady Flamm

Ashlie said...

Oh girl, that sounds like such a blast! I'm so glad you were able to enjoy the most romantic place on earth with your sweetie:) w/out Millie:(-but I'm sure it was very worth it. Glad you had fun.

Heidi said...

I love the museums in paris!! That sounds way romantic, how fun for you and the hubby. I love the pic with the eiffel in the back and the cool sky...

jill said...

I enjoyed reading about your little trip!! I especially like the pictures in front of the effiel tower, how romantic!! Once again you are a lucky woman!!

Missy said...

What a perfect weekend! I loved your pictures, you two love birds!
P.S thanks for the compliment! I'm glad you got to go, the Orsay is my favorite museum ever.

Hinton Family said...

How fun. I need to let Kevin know he needs to get with the program. I love Europe! I have never been to Paris and I want to go. So fun!

Phoebe said...

Sorry for my lack of comments lately. It's bloglines fault. I really do read all your posts. Sounds like you had a wonderful time. Maybe one day when I finish visiting everywhere that I want, stateside, I will make it there.

The Powell-Mirci Family! said...

Beautiful!! I'm so glad you got to go to there! I bet you had a wonderfull time! Count down on untill Salt Lake??